Bitcoin Armory is an open-source, python-based, wallet-management application for the Bitcoin network.
Note: The Armory project is no longer maintained by its creator (1.1), however there is an effort underway to change to a new maintainer.
- Available for Windows, Mac OSX, and Linux.
- Licensed under AGPL v3.
- Encrypted wallet (optional).
- Maintain offline wallets for 100% security from online attackers.
- Import addresses created with or sweep funds from Casascius physical Bitcoins.
- Toggle between “Standard”, “Advanced”, and "Expert" modes to guarantee an appropriate set of options and information.
- Custom deterministic wallet format.
- Ability to add "Watching-Only" Wallets.
- Fragmented (M-of-N) Backups.
- SecurePrint for all Backup Types.
- Decentralized Multi-Signature "Lockboxes" (up to 7-of-7).
- Daemon/API for Services and Network Integration.
- Message Signing.
The Armory project was announced January 3rd, 2012 (3.1).
The project received $2,661 by 26 funders on crowdfunding site RocketHub. The project completed it's funding on 2012-03-19 (4.1).
- Armory Official Website
- Armory project page on bitcointalk.org
- Armory Project GitHub Page (no longer maintained)
- How to Setup a Armory Bitcoin Wallet for Windows, Mac, and Linux